Sunday, June 13, 2010

2004 Journal Excerpts: January 10th - DAY 1

11:23 PM we arrived in Kiglai, tonight.  Exhausted, I have been delivered to this place where God has called me for the past two years. I am trying to soak in every moment and I'm not sure I even comprehend what is really happening just yet.  We drove along the dusty roads, through the hills and I gazed upon the lights of the city as they revealed the faces of people along the road and throughout the hills. From the front of the car, precious words startle me out of my gaze. "Emma, you are home now. Rwanda has been waiting for you, this is your heart's home," Nathan said. Truth, spoken plainly.

I have been called here, to this place, not only for this time - but for much more I feel. I am literally awash with love, emotion, tears - completely overwhelmed at every moment and I don't know why. I pray that I will be open, broken, compassionate, understanding and I will know why I am here in this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment