Sunday, October 21, 2007

Home again ...

So I arrived back in the US on Saturday morning after many delays in addition to the 25 hours of flying time. So as the wheels hit the pavement screeching along the runway for one last time into JFK ... I am home again.

After a bit of a baggage debaukle I am ready to roll and walk out greeted by my great friend Ray - who graciously offered to relinquish his sleep in order to pick me up early on Sat AM. So ... wow ... I'm spinning and exhausted. But ... I'm home. :)

So I got back to my apartment and promptly found my pillow and slept with my sweet Finnegan curled up beside me ... purring away. Ahhh home. So it's Sunday now and its full of unpacking, laundry that is needed to be done, etc - but instead I am just trying to adjust to being home. Its a great feeling, but its also been a long time and I am torn with the peace of being home and missing my precious Rwanda. So reentry begins, the day is a comfort and ... ohhhh andddddddd

Happy Birthday DAD! I'm thrilled to be back home for my Dad's birthday. Happy Birthday Daddy, I love you!

So ... until ... well a few days from now, I guess. Keep an eye on the blog. The adventure continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment